Jump-Start Your Day with Breakfast
- Posted on: Jan 11 2019
As you prepare to start the New Year with healthful resolutions, resolve to start your day with breakfast. Since it comes after the day’s longest period without food, a healthy breakfast refuels your body, jump-starts your day and seems to influence metabolism more strongly than lunch or dinner.
Foods for a healthy breakfast include whole grains, nuts, low fat dairy, and fruit. Starting your day with a high protein breakfast of about 15 gm protein may help in weight management. Don’t forget to include your favorite cup of tea, coffee or milk. Examples of a healthy breakfast include:
- A bowl of plain oatmeal with milk and fresh fruit and one boiled egg.
- A boiled egg, whole wheat toast, cup of fruit and milk
- Cup of yogurt with fresh fruit and almonds
Benefits of breakfast include:
- Controls your weight: Research suggests that consuming most of your daily calories in the morning can help with weight loss.
- Potentially controls blood sugar levels
- May lower your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Helps you perform better at work
We will now be serving protein bites made with fresh handmade nut butters and spices in our mindful kitchen. Our signature breakfast consists of 2 bites, a cup of fruit and a cup of your favorite hot beverage.
Posted in: Uncategorized